Monday 15 December 2014

Concert Review.....by Enitan Odupitan

Write a description of one of the Finnish composers whose music is played in the concert.

Since the class couldn't come to a uniform decision on which concert we need to visit as a group, I opted for the one I could easily attend. This was on Friday 5th December, 2014, and the venue was at the Ny Start Church. This was part of the program put together by the church in celebration of the yuletide season, I initially thought it will be a religious performance but I was mistaken. Lots of melodies were sang and I was marveled at the atmosphere, it was really a great night and I never had any regrets attending the concert. English tunes were sang, in addition to the African melodies and Finnish versions of this lovely songs.





Write a review of the concert. Eg. What did you like? Why? Who were playing? What kind of music? By what composers? 

This was actually the first time I will be listening to music being done in Finnish, the rhythm is so soothing and mind-relaxing, I will definitely honor an invitation to visit any Finnish concert in the future. I have a new and wider view of Finnish music and I am motivated to search more of these rhythms online. One of the songs that really got my attention from the list of songs was that of a Finnish composer which was actually a group by the name Great Wide North led by Kaj Kiviniemi, from records this group made it to the finals of the EuroVision Pre-selection.

No comments:

Post a Comment